Sunday, August 12, 2007

Not Drink Blogging

Oops. I never got around to blogging last night. That's the problem with drinking - good intentions go out the window. Or somewhere. Possibly down the drain.

I left quite early, about 10 or 11 and was only sleepy / happy drunk. Mmmm, sleep! God knows what I'm doing up so early on a Sunday. Gah! I may need to clean and do more washing. This is not good.

Gay Uncle's dinner party went off well. The food was great! I'm going to have to steal his recipe for garlic bread. It was so much better than mine. His salad, chicken and pastrami, and potatoes and bacon were all good too. Man I'm stealing his chicken recipe.

I was going to put up a recipe for a Lynchberg Lemonade and everything. Hell, I might as well. I make mine a little differently to this. I never used whatever they called 'sour' though. I'm not sure we can even get it in Australia, though I'm sure bitters would do as good a job.

I make mine with the juice of 1/2 a lime, 1 part each JD and Cointreau (or Triple Sec if you're feeling cheap), and lemonade. It's fantastical - though I might have to mess around with the recipe in future to see if I can get it just right.

Dips go very well with drinks. My favourite dip is equal parts sour cream and cream cheese drizzled with sweet chilli sauce. It's easy to make, looks great, and goes well with all kinds of chips, biscuits, and vegetable sticks (raw carrots, red pepper, brocolli, celery, etc). You can even pretend it's healthy when you serve it with veges.

I've been inspired. I will have to get myself organised and have a dinner party of my own I think. I even have a new recipe book to try out. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Vic said...

You're up how early???. Definately not drink blogging!

Anonymous said...

Tag!