Saturday, September 06, 2008

Povo Apple Pie

I felt like apple pie tonight. But couldn't be bothered making pastry or crumble, and well, I'd already defrosted an extra pita bread. So I gave the following a go.

Cut the bread open and buttered the inside. Sprinkled the bottom with sugar and mixed spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice). I added peeled sliced granny smith and topped with some more sugar and mixed spice. Baked in a medium oven for 15 minutes, the smells were just like apple pie should be.

And damned if it didn't taste like it too. I'll be doing that again, that's for sure =).

EDIT: My brother just suggested that this could be done using normal bread and a toasty-toast (sandwich press, jaffle maker, whatever you want to call it). Make sure you butter on the inside and the outside of the bread, and add sugar and herbs as per above.

No comments: