Sunday, September 07, 2008

Class not Arse

Simple and cheap but looks (and tastes) like a classy effort? Count me in. There's nothing like cheating and getting good results.

Not bad if I do say so myself. And so easy - don't even have to fry anything up first like pumpkin. Into ye olde slow-cooker it all went. A full head of broccoli, a couple of carrots, a shake of cumin (roughly a teaspoon would be my guess), 1 clove of garlic, and a cup or so of stock (enough to cover the veg - minus the florets). Cook on high in the slow-cooker for a couple of hours. Add the juice of a small lemon, then a massive tablespoon of sour cream (or a normal cream) and mush it up (however you do it - blender, soup mate thing (the wizzy sticks with blades that you just put into the pot and whir - love it!) or food processor).

Can be served hot or cold (you get bonus posh points for any soup served cold). I added a little sour cream and a couple of bacon chips (real bacon, made by me) to serve. Of course if it's vego then some parsley, or a some grated carrot looks just as good.

Can be served with the garlic bread or rolls if you want to make it a meal.

2 comments:

Jynx said...

Good info! Thanks for sharing with us on your blog.

Unknown said...

Looks great. I've just had surgery and I'm booked in for another procedure (sigh), so I'm living on soup lately. Plus I'm broke, so soup is ticking all the boxes. Awesome stuff.